Tuesday, June 2, 2015

GC HM: Weeks 3 and 4 - blogpostus delayus

Better late than never though, right? 

Gawd, I'll never be one of those people who can blog after their daily runs. How do they do that? What could they possibly be thinking about while running that warrants sharing with the world?! I have to be honest, my mental activity while running is made up of about 20% thinking profound reflective shit, 10% wanting to stop running - and general stopping-running-related thoughts - and 70% wondering how i'll last til I get to the next available public toilet. Seriously tiny bladder this one.

Wearing a hat keeps sun off my face. Does not help with the lazyness or bathroom sitch.

Anyways, below is my training for weeks 3 and 4:

Week 3
Sunday: 8 miles easy (working too much for long run. Being an adult is hard!)
Monday 
Monday: 10 miles easy 
Tuesday: off
Wednesday: 9 miles easy
Thursday: 8.5 miles with 2 x 2 miles at HM pace. Quite encouraging this one, with 6:48, 6:51 (0.5 mile jog recovery) 6:50, 6:51.
Friday: 5.5 miles easy
Saturday: 7 miles easy
Total: 48 miles

Week 4
Sunday: 15 miles easy (longest run in cycle so far!)
Monday: off
Tuesday: 8 miles easy 
Wednesday: 7 miles easy
Thursday: 4 miles easy
Friday was pissing down and ran 10 miles easy instead of tempo
Saturday: 6 miles easy
Total: 50 miles

Definitely topping out in mileage here; both what I can handle physically, lifestyle wise and also what a half marathon even warrants. Honestly mid-40s would have been fine, though. I actually sort of (stupidity alert) just wanted to see if I could run this much without hurting myself. Turns out, consistent with EVERY RUNNING BOOK EVER, if you increase by 10%, dont do speed work while increasing, and run super easy, your legs wont hate you and declare war on your ass. Like literally either; piriformis syndrome is a bitch. 

Per usual i will leave you with photos. 

One of Iron Cove on my long run (looking uncharacteristically gray, but it was quite dramatic and lovely on the day)


And one of me making a bitching chocolate cake. Because cake. 

I got those almonds and that icing eeeeeeverywhere. It was not my most skilled moment in the kitchen.  


But! Pay no attention to the mess. Look at this thing- its freaking gourmet!

2 comments: