Tuesday, July 24, 2012

LR#1: Countdown is on + my 11 mile week

I have spent the last two weeks shaking off some fun groin/inner thigh pain that came on after a hefty weight session when I was visiting my family in Australia. After a trip to a sports doctor, I  discovered that I had a slight strain in there, caused by weakness in my inner quad area. This was easily remedied with some straight forward exercises, but I had to cut down my miles while the muscle strain healed.

July 8-14, 2012
Monday: rest
Tuesday: 5 miles easy
Wednesday: swim (30 mins)
Thursday: rest (saw the doctor)
Friday: rest
Saturday: Plyo + core workout, 45 mins elliptical
Sunday: Easy 6 miles

Total: 11 miles.

My hero Lauren Fleshman made the Olympic trials 5K final on 11 miles per week -  maybe its a sign. 

July 15-21, 2012
Monday: rest
Tuesday: 6 miles easy
Wednesday: 60 mins elliptical intervals
Thursday: Tempo run: 1 mile easy, 4 miles @ 7:30 pace, 1 mile easy + leg strength
Friday: rest (Groin thing came back after another hefty weight session. Hey LR#1, how about you do the same thing over and over and see if you get different results??? That would be a fun game.)
Saturday: Swim 30 mins
Sunday: 10 miles very slow (>10min/mile)

Total: 22 miles

Meanwhile, the countdown is on. Eight weeks to my goal race, and I haven't made it up to 30 miles per week yet. Somehow I dont think that 11 mile Fleshman week was a sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment