Thursday, May 24, 2012

Last Week's Weekly Roundup of the Week

May 13th-19th

Sunday: 50 mins elliptical intervals. Today the hubs took me to a gym, and taught me all his strength training and weight exercises for distance running. Yessssss. Sometimes its annoying having a husband who knows everything and is a great athlete along with being good at everything he does. Other times, its awesome :)

Monday: 3 miles easy run along San Diego Harbor; Insanity Core Cardio and Balance (light cardio with a good amount of core and upper body strength). Bonus: Shaun T's biceps.

Tuesday: Complete rest. I took my own advice from last week, and didnt push it. 10 points to #LR1.

Wednesday: Eff resting. 7 mile fartlek run wtih 6x50 seconds at 10K pace. Im still figuring out where that actual pace is. Somewhere between 7-7:30 possibly? Who knows.
Thursday: 6 miles easy.
Friday: I was scheduled to do an 8 mile progression run. Feeling a bit sore from Wednesday, I opted for 70 miserable minutes on the elliptical instead (roughly the equivalent physical effort of the 8 miler; roughly double the mental anguish). I did 5 mins warmup, 2 mins hard, 1 min easy for 30 minutes, 3 mins easy, then 1 min hard, 1 min easy for the rest of the time, with 5 mins warmdown.

Saturday: 5 miles easy + strength training, with the routine the hubs showed me. Will share soon when I can be bothered writing it down..

#LR1 Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment