What an extraordinary way of celebrating a milestone birthday! For my last milestone birthday - 30 - we piled into a party bus and toured a bunch of San Diego breweries. Three people puked and one got a concussion - neither Penny nor I engaged in either deed. But we did carouse - you can see it in our eyes - we just know how to hold our liquor, for the most part . . . (Champagne and tequila shots are not a good combo - but that's another story!)
|two little runners before we were two little runners on my 30th birthday!|
So when I was brainstorming my own bucket list - sort of a depressing thing actually - I was coming up with a lot of running-related items. To get my mind off of the depressing realization of my mortality, I abandoned thinking about the heavier things and just focused on a narrower list about running. Although there would be some crossover onto a real bucket list, e.g. numbers 1 and 9, on the running-related front, here is what I came up with:
1. Run a marathon (coming soon in 2013).
2. Run an ultramarathon.
3. Run a hard core trail race (but not hard core enough that I have to figure out how to work a compass).
4. Run Ragnar annually!
5. Run a Halloween race in costume with Penny. Kristen as Buffy the Vampire Slayer (blond). Penny as Faith, the evil Vampire Slayer (brunette). See the resemblance? ;)
|Lots of shall I say interesting "fan art" searching Google images for Buffy and Faith;|
I don't know why that surprised me!
7. Run Boston, NY, and Chicago.
8. Run on every continent (except Antarctica).
9. Organize a charity race.
What's on your running bucket list?